We are just a few months from summer fun. Many of us are planning our family vacations. We all want our family vacations to go perfectly, but even with the best intentions, things can happen. Ticket mishaps, delays, schedule changes, auto accidents, and more can cause your vacation to be ruined.
We are happy to offer a free review of your insurance needs and recommend needed personal insurance coverage like a personal umbrella, cyber liability, and more.
Vacation safety tips
- Make sure all your insurance is paid and up to date. Having your auto insurance lapse due to nonpayment would not be a good thing while you are driving across country.
- Do not take all your credit cards with you. Take only the ones you will need.
- Create an itinerary of where you are planning to be and on what date. Give this to a neighbor or relative.
- Make copies of passports if traveling out of the country. Give a copy to a relative or friend.
- Never wear anything that projects affluence (i.e. gold chains, expensive watches, rings, luggage, or other paraphernalia).
- Never put your home address on your luggage tags. Write your phone number instead.
- Wait until you get home to post your vacation pictures on social media. Facebook is a gold mine for burglars.
- Always lock your car, and never leave anything of value inside.
- Do not use wireless networks in cafes or coffee shops.