This summer many people will be undertaking home improvement projects. This might be a good time to consider some simple improvements to make your home safer. It is also important to remember that some enhancements may require updates to your homeowner’s insurance. For example, if you add a new room on to your home, or do anything that increases your home’s replacement value, you may need to have your coverage updated.
Summer Home Safety
Here are a few things you can do to maintain a safer home.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- Trim trees and shrubs that may be too close to your house.
- Add exterior lighting.
- Consider video cameras for the main doors.
- Replace all air filters.
- Clean dryer vents.
- Check and repair all cracks in sidewalks.
- Consider installing water sensors to alert you to a water leak.