Last year were saddened to hear about the recent auto accident involving Bruce Jenner. One person died in the accident, and multiple cars were damaged. If you look at the accident pictures, it does not even look like the accident would cause that much damage or injuries. But it did. According to multiple news sources, it now appears that Mr. Jenner was responsible for the accident. Sources: Insurance Business, DailyNews.com
This news reinforces the need to carry adequate insurance. According to press reports, Mr. Jenner only carried $250,000 of auto liability insurance. While carrying $250,000 of Auto Liability coverage is a common limit carried by many drivers, Jenner’s money and status would warrant carrying a higher limit. See article
These Are Some Reasons To Consider Having Higher Auto Liability Limits
- You own a business
- You have teen drivers
- A nice retirement account is in your name
- If the claim exceeds your limits, you are responsible for the final settlement
- You own your home
- Is your car worth more the $30,000, you may be a target?
- There is a new RV in your driveway
- The name of your boat is “the good life”
- Our personal insurance team can recommend auto liability coverage that fits your needs. Additionally, we recommend having an umbrella policy, depending on your financial and personal situation.